How to Remove Ukash Virus
Computer is being locked by Ukash virus? We all must have heard of Ukash. It is a payment method that allows you to transfer money online. However, a lot of viruses are coming into light that asks user to deposit a certain amount via Ukash for either getting their PCs unblocked or simply as a payment for any software/program that a user may have bought without knowing it to be bogus.
Ukash viruses are generalized because mostly, ransomware prefer this type of payment method for gaining fast money. Furthermore, physically collecting ransom is never a good idea and virus creators as well as scammers are wise enough to employ methods that help in avoiding being detected.
How does Ukash Virus Infect Computers?
These viruses may claim to be an alert from any department of your country like securities, police or cyber crime units. The virus then locks your computer. It mentions that illegal activities have been detected via your computer system and that you need to pay a certain fine via Ukash to get your system unlocked. Here is a detail of these activities:
First of all, your computer will be blocked completely. It means that you will not be able to access anything on your computer. You cannot see anything except a frozen screen with the information page that is displayed by the virus itself.
The page will consist of logos of the said department of your country. You will be able to see that your IP address as well as host name is mentioned on the page itself. Even your webcam may be open and capturing you at that moment and this virus will claim that your activities are being recorded, should you try to forcibly unblock your computer.
The information page may tell details of illegal activities like downloading copyrighted material or sharing it illegally, involvement in child pornography (production, possession or distribution), access to websites of anti-social elements or those of terrorists, infecting or spamming other computers and the likes. The page will further tell you to make a certain payment as fine to the said department via Ukash and then your computer will be unblocked. It will also mention that the data on your computer has been encrypted and that if you try any other means to access your data, then it will be lost forever. Failing to comply will lead to prosecution and you may be imprisoned for two years or so.
You might try restarting the computer, but after a few seconds, you will see that the screen freezes to the same image and that your computer remains blocked. You might also want to see if you can enter safe mode for removing the virus or restoring your PC, but F8 may be blocked by this virus too. In such a case, you will not be able to enter safe mode.
Possible Way through which this Ukash Virus Enters your PC
There are a lot of ways through which these types of Ukash viruses can enter into your computer system. You might want to avoid these to be secure and keep your computer uninfected.
- If you download data and files through peer-to-peer websites, then you may end up receiving infected files. You may not even know until it is too late, especially because these viruses are designed cleverly to surpass detection to a large extent.
- You may be accessing malicious websites without really knowing it. In present times, it is really very difficult to know which source to trust and which not. However, what you should do is access only those sites that are reputed and known to deliver only authentic files and stuff.
- Sometimes, hacked websites can cause transfer of such viruses too. You may not really know that the website is hacked. The virus may get installed on your computer without your knowledge or consent.
- E-mails that contain links or attachments are a huge source of viruses. It is important that you delete e-mails that are sent by unknown senders or claim to be from certain company or office that you have never been to before. Also, if any update is delivered by e-mail, do not download it. Best way to update your software and other programs is through the software itself or by visiting the genuine website.
- Other than this, pop-ups are a big source of viruses too. A pop-up may claim that your computer is infected with a certain virus and that you should download the product that has been featured on the page itself. Once you download it, the virus reaches your computer and from there, it starts its actual work.
- Shared external devices are other way through which virus can get transferred to you computer system. You may attach an infected storage device on your computer that contains a virus or certain infected files. Once the virus gains access to your computer, it starts infecting your computer further.
- If your system programs, software, Java, Antivirus and anti-spyware software are not updated, then chances of virus infection increase manifolds. This is because older versions of programs become vulnerable to attacks. They may have bugs that can be exploited by the viruses. If such a bug is found on your system, the virus will enter it very easily.
Essentially, if your PC has been infected by any virus previously, in that case, there may be some junk left on your computer. Thorough removal of such malicious files is a must. Being ignorant to it can attract new viruses and malware to your computer system that can again cause problems.
Avoiding such situations is the best solution here. You should be a responsible user who is aware of what to do and what not to when connected to internet or while using shared storage devices. Furthermore, it takes effort to keep anything secure. Your computer is no different too. It asks for efforts from your end to be safe and secure and efficient functioning. Hence, just follow the basics. A couple of minutes every other day for your computer’s protection can save you from a lot of trouble.
How to Remove/Uninstall Ukash Virus
The Ukash virus removal guide above should be working to get your computer free of this Ukash virus. For more information regarding this virus, please visit YooSecurity Ukash virus removal guide. If you still can’t remove this Ukash virus, please contact YooSecurity/YooCare online service to remove it completely.